Trying My Hand At It

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
1st Saltwater tank.
It;s a 29 gal that my wife picked up at a garage sale for $23.00:grinyes: :grinyes:
It came with the stand,heater,light,cover,glass cleaner,substrate and a few decorations.

I have a 75gal drilled tank that will be another Salt tank(soon I hope) so I figured I would get into it with this tank.When I move the fish I will most likely keep a few (Chromis) in it and use it as a quarantine tank

Jess & Blizz.jpg Salt Tank 004.jpg Salt Tank 006.jpg Salt Tank 007.jpg

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Incredible deal...might want to consider the location or pull the blinds will impact the temps and algae growth.

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Nice rock work! Welcome to the marine hobby! Its a bit scary at first isn't it? I was so afraid when I placed my first fish in. I was constantly thinking "What if my hydro meter is off or I didn't read it correctly?"

Is that live rock? Also, are you going to be supporting corals in the future?

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
Nice rock work! Welcome to the marine hobby! Its a bit scary at first isn't it? I was so afraid when I placed my first fish in. I was constantly thinking "What if my hydro meter is off or I didn't read it correctly?"

Is that live rock? Also, are you going to be supporting corals in the future?
Yea,was a little scarey
Yes its live rock. Actually there was about 100lbs or so in the 75gal when I bought it. I still have some in tupperware tubs in the garage with a powerhead for circulation.
Not sure on Corals yet. I really don't want to invest in the lighting right now that most Corals need,although my neighbor has allot of Corals that he is more than willing to frag.
I just got done(not fully completed) with a 125gal Discus tank,and that burned up some cash....

Discus Tank

Discus in 125gal  (9).jpg Discus in 125gal  (1).jpg Discus in 125gal 019 (2).jpg

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Lovely Discus tank you have there...

The new 29 looks great, a really great deal...I would be tempted to upgrade sooner rather than later with having that regal tang in there, as it looks to be getting large already...unless that shot is from another tank than the 29..

Just an opinion of course..

Niko

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
Lovely Discus tank you have there...
The new 29 looks great, a really great deal...I would be tempted to upgrade sooner rather than later with having that regal tang in there, as it looks to be getting large already...unless that shot is from another tank than the 29..

Just an opinion of course..

Niko
Thank you.

Nope,that fish is from the 29
I would say that it is about 4-5" head to tail.
It's a Hippo Blue Tang Yellowbelly (another good deal:) )
They will be moving to the 75 gal

Here is a pic of the 75 I purchased.
The reason for the wait is the tank was kinda nasty.
I want to re-finish the stand.
As you can see from the pic,the rock was all nasty and I found out the tank was re-sealed. Although it does not leak,it looked like a 3 year old sealed it,so I am in the process of re-doing that now. Maybe done in a couple of days,then on to refinishing the stand

737b_1.jpg 7530_1.jpg

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
Incredible deal...might want to consider the location or pull the blinds will impact the temps and algae growth.
Agree !
Unfortunately now I need to go get some blinds:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store