Help me re-scape my tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, I was in the middle of a PWC when I decided I want to change the look in my tank. It was just boring, then once I got most things out of the tank...I just can't think how I want to put it all back together. I am going to post a pic of my tank and accessories can anyone help me decide how I want to do it? I have to work with what I have, would love to add plants but it is my African cichlid tank and they tore up and dug up every plant I had except the one, which I am considering just tossing it has gotten sooooo big but they love hiding in it that is about the only reason I want to keep it. The driftwood on the table is not completely ready yet, I've had it "sinking" for about 3 weeks and it still floats but I wanted to include them because I would like to use them if possible once they are sunk or I can place come kind of weight on them to hold them down. The tank is cloudy b/c I just stirred everything up when moving stuff, the plant is not completely down b/c I'm not sure where/if I want it, and the algae has been scraped off.

Thanks in advance,

Gin

028.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 024.JPG 023.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG 027.JPG

Alegre323

AC Members
Aug 27, 2007
id put the driftwood as close to the rear glass as possible, with the plant on the left side so it wont steal any light/space for the fishies. also makes a great hiding spot for them!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Just my opinion...

I would "entangle" the driftwood to make it look "unique" on one side of the tank, and have the smallest rocks put in the middle, leaving a 'trail' back towards the large rocks on a far side of the tank.

(you may need to cut some of the driftwood - lots of varations here...) :)

________

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
OOOHHHHH I like the "entangle" the driftwood thought there...thanks Joe! Ok, what if I do the driftwood thing on the left (my filter is on that side so the plant can't really go there), then the plant on the right side..still making a "trial" with the rocks leading to the plant?? I wouldn't mind getting rid of the plant, but at the same time I hate to simply because I got it as a bulb and it is the ONLY plant they didn't completely destroy and they do love hiding in it. Do you think if I get the driftwood all entangled it would stay sunk cause it would be heavier?
Keep the ideas coming guys...I've just had a complete mind block I like what has been suggested so far!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Replace that plant with smaller plants...

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ok, here is what I have done so far...the driftwood is being held down by rocks right now once they are fully water logged and I can remove the rock I can entangle them better, and I believe I will be changing the rock work a bit..I just don't like it. I took the huge plant and cut it to make 3 plants, they loved that plant so much I just hated to take it out completely although they really seem to like the driftwood "cluster".

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
great job ! really like your tank LadyG

have you thought about putting a background on ?

I would also stack higher with the rocks, creating more caves.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
That looks awesome. Huge improvement, Lady G. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store