Post and Packing Techniques

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Post and Packing

This thread is for the discussion of posting and packaging of the coral swaps should postage be necessary.

The best way I have found is to buy some round food grade containers from a local grocery or convenience store, they cost next to nothing each.

Put the frag in this container along with some filter wool to prevent the coral from banging against the side. The containers aren’t quite water tight so you need to put a bit of PTFE tape around the inside and some sticky tape around the outside of the seal.

Put this inside a fish bag just in case and put the container into a small cardboard box (free from your local store), fill with polystyrene beads and put a 40 hour shipping heat pack at the top. All this packaging can then be used to send the returning frag back, so the owner of the tub always ends up with their packing back.

Please post your own shipping methods and ideas so we can come up with best way.

Alternatively, if you have any questions, ask away and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Niko

Reminders Area - Check here for any reminders or pointers regarding all post and packing Techiques.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Do corals require overnight shipping, or can you get away with 2day/priority mail for them?

Eddiecorrea

War kitty! God hates cats!
Nov 2, 2008
Whitefish Montana
Lately the stuff I have been recieving from Liveaquaria has been rubber banded to a chunk of styrofoam and floating upside down in the water. Seems like a good idea to me. And everything has been coming in good shape coral wise so it must be working.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store