Have angelfish questions!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
I need to know as much as you guys can tell me about angelfish. Can They be kept in groups of 6 or more? Can they be kept with all kinds of diff fish and can they be with plants, can they be kept in a 10 gallon heavily planted tank?? So i need to know as much as everyone can give me about these fish. Thanks!!! Can they be kepy with inverts like shrimp and snails and other inverts??

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
Angels

Angels can be kept in groups or you can also keep one angel as well. I think a 10 gallon would be way too small for 6 angels, unless they are juveniles and then you would eventually need a bigger tank. They are ok with plants. They do ok with most fish, I have some of mine housed with cory cats, pleco's, kuhli loaches, clown loaches, and synodontis petricola. Of course I have many tanks, so not all these fish our housed in one tank. They are ok with snails, but I think the angels would think the shrimp are food.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Well the reson im asking all this is because my cuz had a friend that has tons of angels and they had baby's and they are giving them away for free. so i asked for 6 babys. when they get bigger ill sell them. Dos anyone els got any more info for me about angelfish?

davexstumpe

AC Members
Mar 8, 2007
I think it's better to go with odd numbers. So I'd suggest maybe going with 5, and i wouldn't put 5 in anything less than a 55 gallon.

I'd wait for JM to get back to you, everytime i see angelfish posts he seems to know what he's talking about.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
I think they are about half an inch to one inch, why is it better to have odd numbers?

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
I wouldnt keep 6 angels in a 10 gallon tank anymore than a few days. You even said you wanted different fish with them so it will be way overstocked. For 6 I would say you might as well just start out with a 55 and grow them out the right way then sell them or whatever your doing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store