oldest fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish Hunter

AC Members
Jun 10, 2003
Visit site
What was the oldest fish you ever kept or still have? I have a silver $ right now that is almost 4. My Oscar was about 4 1/2 when HITH got him.:(

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
One of my bronze corys, Jo, and a CAE, Sam VI are my oldest. I got them both at the same time, 8 years ago. Jo's partner, Mo, died in February.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
My longest lived was a figure-8 puffer, who lasted more than 18 years. A number of other figure-8s have made mid teens, and GSPs into early to mid-teens. A number of cichlids have made it to the teens as well.

Awestralian

Awesome...
May 22, 2003
Sydney, Australia
au.geocities.com
We had a goldfish for 15years.
It would still be alive if my dad hadnt changed the water when the city was dumping massive amounts of chlorine and other chemicals to get rid of spyrdium and other nasties.

RENEGADE

the one and only RENEGADE
Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
my sis had a feeder fish(you know the ones they give away at fares and stuff) that lasted 3 years!!!!(mine died 5 days after i got them)

yashinfan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2003
My cleaning lady told me she had a feeder goldfish that she won in a fair in Ireland when she was a girl. They kept it in a glass bowl on their counter and frequently it jumped out and was rescued. The fish lived for 10 years. Imagine that!

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
Our oldest one is an 8 year old blackskirt tetra my sister first got after she had cycled her 20 gallon tank. :) That was the lone survivor after her heater stuck on and wasn't noticed until the temperature was close to 90 F.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store