Biological Badlands...Mafia #8

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Game Mechanics

1) Each 'day' everyone in the town (including the Evil Scientists) can vote to genetically test someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to genetically test so and so.

a. You must vote each day, even if it is for No One.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and the new vote.

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

2) Whoever has the most votes gets tested. If you have two votes and everyone else has one vote… you get genetically tested.

a. The priority of night time happenings are:

Cure Testing by the Townies
Evil Scientists Testing
Lab Worker Vials
Untimely Deaths

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use the random generator to decide which of those gets genetically tested.

3) If you aren't active for two day/night cycles, with at least posting once, then you will pass away from some strange (probably embarrassing) illness that I will give you.

4) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so.

a.I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ.

5) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

6) The Evil Scientists win when they outnumber the Townies, after a nights events or kill all 3 Bio-Engineers.

7) The Townies win if they eliminate all the Evil Scientists.

8) If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all, I'll post it.

10) No one, unless authorized to do so, are to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room.

11) Do not edit your posts!

12) NO AFTER DEATH POSTS!

The players are the Townies in the great City of ACville.

Some are the normal everyday humans, trying to adjust to the ever changing environment. Others in the town, are genetically altered individuals. Don't feel sorry for them...they did it to themselves!

Kept secret, until recently, the existence of an underground testing facility on the outskirts of ACville has been revealed. A small team of folks have decided to alter all mankind with their version of improved DNA. This facility was discovered by tracking down the source of occassional clouds of blue gas occurring at night.

Amongst the Townies, are three dedicated Bio-Engineers, trying to find a serum to strengthen the natural DNA to thwart off the effects of random happenings occuring that the blue mist causes. The Evil Scientists that are hiding amongst the Townies, are trying to alter all genetic structure with their serums.

A major down fall to all this serum testing is that to prove it works, someone must be injected, but the current serums seem to cause...death. What a bummer.

The Evil Scientists: They are lead by Dr. Gene E. Netics. They get to communicate outside the thread to activate their plan for genetically altering the world, starting with all in ACville. I am sure they will be "testing" someone every night. :22_yikes: They will be allowed one investigation nightly, since they want to destroy the town's Bio-Engineers, before they find a cure-all serum. Dr. Gene will PM me the victim that will be tested each night, and who they wish to investigate. If Dr. Gene should be eliminated early on, the remaining Evil Scientists will have to PM me individually.

As a side note, Dr. Gene E. Netics has his own secret vial of serum. He has no idea what it can do. But if he chooses to use it, strange things are sure to happen. This is a one shot serum, that only he has, and he can PM me whenever he wants to use it. I will activate it as soon as I notice the PM and post the results in the thread.

The Bio-Engineers: These dedicated folks are trying to protect the townies and save the world from genetic modification. They can communicate outside the thread. They will PM me who they would like to investigate each night. As they discover the Evil Scientists identies, they need to convince the town who the destructive cure testing should be done on. The loss of all 3 Bio-Engineers is doom for the Townies.

This team of three, have one vial of serum, that they have not been able to duplicate. This serum has the power to bring a dead person back to life. At anytime except night the Bio Engineers can PM on who it is used on that was killed the previous night.

The Lab Worker: One of the Townies, Harpo Dermic, and with normal genetics, is a disgruntled ex-Lab Worker at the Secret Facility. Upon his firing, he left with 4 vials of serum from the facility. He has no clue as to which one, does what. A wild guess on my part will mention that (1) of them causes instant death, (1) of them just causes a person to make a babbling statement, but (2) of them will genetically alter a persons DNA. (ie: evil to normal or normal to evil).

Lab Worker will PM me on Nights 2,3,4 and 5 with what vial number he wants to use and on who. I will make note in the thread that it has occured and what the vial did. Obviously if a death or babble, you will know who. For the genetic switching, you will not. The Lab Worker will not admit to anyone, in or out of the thread who was affected. And just in case the Lab Worker is taken out early, the vials will msteriously arrive in someone else's hands.

Investigations: The investigations will only reveal..

Normal Genetics (a Townie)
Altered Genetics ( an evil Scientist or some one converted)
if you are a Bio-Engineer or Dr. Gene

Note, with the gene switching serums that the Lab Worker has, a persons gene structure could switch from previously known conditions. An Evil Scientist that gets affected, WILL NOT REVEAL IT TO ANYONE. They can still communicate with the rest of the Evil Doers, but their goal now would be to help the Townies. If a Townie gets affected, they will be able to start communication with the Evil Ones.

The Blue Mist: It will develop once or twice, pre-determined before the game starts. It has some unknown properties. It may reverse any nightly genetic testing, or it could take an additional person out, or it could...bring new things into play.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread.IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. IN THE GAME. Do not take anything personally or make ANY personal attacks."

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Current List Of Players

Lady G
IceH2O
Swayde
ZSandmann
mee-mee
KingOfTheDeep
charlie_stubbs
Dangerdoll
DeputyChiefJR
johnlarson66
bkw1982
guppyguppyfish
jpappy789
Hooked Newbie
nmrsco
ewurm
plantling

I'll start sending out PMs and will accept new folks until I announce Game On.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Game ON...

Night fall for Day #1 will be at 8 PM EST, Monday 09/10

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
this should be an interesting go around

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Can one of the bad guys please PM Mee-mee with something to post? :D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Bala contemplates how great it is to be just a statue made of marble...not needing to breath the swirling blue mist that he sees in a glen to the North of ACville......hours to pass before it gets here....

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I vote to lynch Mee Mee for screwing up our last stand so badly.

Vote can and will change unless MM decides to screw up day 1.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I vote to genetically test so and so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store