14k Lights on Ebay Express

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
i do not have any experience but i too have seen those before. It is a cheap price, so in my opinion you cant really go wrong. If it works, thats great. If it doesnt, your only like 15 bucks or whatever it costs with shipping in the hole. Theres not many times you can say that in this hobby. Plus, has a good feedback, and claims to have a money back guarantee.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
Clown-lover,

I purchased 2 10k MH lights from the same vendor on Ebay, same brand and wattage and have not had a problem with them at all. They seem to light up my tank just fine, my corals are already starting to respond to upgrading to MH, so from my point of view, in the two weeks I have had these bulbs active, they are just fine.

He ships the bulbs within 72 hours, pretty reliable.

Go for it!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Thanks guys.. I think I'll buy a pair and give one of them a try on one side of the tank and see how things fair..

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
I can't believe this. Can somebody who buys these, please update and let me know how they do for you?
Thanks,
Tom

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Whenever I get mine in, I'm going to swap out for a day or two, see how that goes...

Of course, it's going to be a tough comparrison, as I'm using 14k and I purchased 20k...but somehow, some way, I'll compare them.

:)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Thats what I'm going to do.. I'm going to closely monitor everything and if I'm out 20 bucks so be it.. Its definately cheaper than 85.. The only thing I'm worried about is if it does work, it may loose its spectrum faster.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
As we have probably all experienced, vendors tend to screw reefers!

They market the same product, but slap a marine ready sticker on it and can charge 25% more, or worse!

So far I have not had any problem with these bulbs, but of course a direct comparison like Subliminal is trying is the best bet... only time will tell with my bulbs. I can tell you this much though, having gone to MH from PC, my corals are responding very well already, my leather is bursting it is growing so fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store