how to make a fry tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
So i have some small guppy fry currently arriving (3 so far) and another guppy about ready to burst! Right now the mom and fry are in a 1gal tank... but it isn't big enough, the mom is really stressed in there...

I am going to go to petco tomorrow and get a little 2.5 gal tank... My current 1gal has a little filter that hangs off the back and i put some sponge over the inlet... I will use that on the fry tank too...

What should i put in the tank??? some small gravel and some dense fake plants??? i want it to be an easy tank to maintain and just to get them big enough to not get eaten by the guys in the larger tank...

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
ya probably...

what would you reccomend? I was just thinking a bare bottom with some fake plants that are dense and suction cup themselves to the bottom...

we have a small 3gal eclipse that im going to use as our grow out tank.. at least till they are big enough for the display... i will put some real plants in that... what kind would you guys recommend?

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
Fry Tank

The best way to set up a fry tank, would be to just use a bare bottom, no gravel or decroations. This makes it easy to siphon off the bottom of debre. The only other things you would need would be a submersible heater and a established sponge filter. I agree if you have about 30 guppy fry, I think a 2.5 gallon tank will be too small, you would probably be better off getting atleast a 10 gallon tank. This is the easiest way and least expensive way to do a fry tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store