baby hippo tang advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pebble

AC Members
Aug 14, 2007
i got a baby hippo tang about the size of a quarter. the next morning i thought it was dying because it was sucked in the filter but wen i turned on the lights, it became active again. if anyone that had success on keeping these can give me any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
no advice but thats really weird...im not so sure i would trust it getting sucked into the filter like that....either way GL to ya....im just keeping the post active for ya :)

missc4

Fishy love
Mar 14, 2007
VA
I bought my baby hippo 5 months ago and she was about nickel size,I didn't do anything special for her,Just feed and watched her.She used to get ich if you looked at her funny but since I started adding garlic to the food she has been fine and she is about the size of a silver dollar now.

Dustin83

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Orange County, CA
They like to lodge themselves between cracks. As matter of fact, if there aren't any cracks (or sometimes even if there are), you'll see them sleeping or resting on their side, almost as if they're dying.

Mine used to stick itself between the filter tube and the wall when going to sleep. Where in the filter was it exactly? Hopefully not where the water enters... but if you mean that you found him in between cracks and stuff, that's totally normal,... which also explains why he was okay once you turned on the light... because light probably woke him up.

vorlx

yadda yadda
Aug 30, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
They like to lodge themselves between cracks. As matter of fact, if there aren't any cracks (or sometimes even if there are), you'll see them sleeping or resting on their side, almost as if they're dying.

Mine used to stick itself between the filter tube and the wall when going to sleep. Where in the filter was it exactly? Hopefully not where the water enters... but if you mean that you found him in between cracks and stuff, that's totally normal,... which also explains why he was okay once you turned on the light... because light probably woke him up.
Yep. As soon as the lights go out mine goes to her special spot in the rock.

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
Baby hippo tangs are harder to keep then the medium to larger ones, I had one and it just disappeared never found it. Hippo tangs in general are a hardy fish, they can get ICH real easy that's something you will have to watch more so while they are young. I did get another hippo tang it was medium size and it's been going strong for 4 years now. Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store