Wild caught convicts versus store bought convicts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
What are the color variations for convict cichlids, aside from the black and albino forms. I have a pair of store bought convict and a pair of wild convicts and they both have different colors. My lfs convict has almost metallic blue/green hues on its fins while the wild caught ones have more yellow in color. They both look like normal convicts, except the wild ones are much bigger at around 5.5 inches for the male and 3 inches for the female.

Are there that many color variations for convicts? If so..what are they? I've thought maybe they (the store bought ones) were HRP's but I've seen them (Honduran red points) in person and they don't really look like what i have.

MySpace Mike

MySpace Mike Creative Media Founder
Jul 8, 2007
Denver, CO.
www.myspace.com
There's Black Convicts. Pink Cons, White Cons, and Yellow Cons. Yellow Cons are only a cousin to the original Con family, but are extremely bright in coloration. Wild Convicts display more coloration due to open space and natural habitat, while store Cons dont have the open space and are kept in tanks, so the coloration is less.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store