Duck weed?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

soobie

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
eastern oregon, USA
Real Name
Sue
It will reproduce quickly under good conditions, and once it's in a tank, it's hard to get rid of if you change your mind. Even one little piece will soon be a lot. You can try to limit to one area of the tank by making a "corral" out of airline tubing.

That said, it's not all bad. Good at taking up nitrates, provides good cover, and looks nice. Just be really sure you want it.

SQUEAK

AC Members
Mar 11, 2006
Good for jumping fish, or fish that are more 'secure' with not having such an open top. Spreads faster than rabbits reproduce, you'll never be rid of it. Will cut out a lot of light to plants below it, if you let it!

It can be a good plant, used correctly. Alternatively, it can be an absolute menace.

Aug 3, 2007
Indiana
Good for jumping fish, or fish that are more 'secure' with not having such an open top. Spreads faster than rabbits reproduce, you'll never be rid of it. Will cut out a lot of light to plants below it, if you let it!

It can be a good plant, used correctly. Alternatively, it can be an absolute menace.
so your saying i should moderate it and not let it cover my whole entire tank? as long as i do that is it good?

SQUEAK

AC Members
Mar 11, 2006
so your saying i should moderate it and not let it cover my whole entire tank? as long as i do that is it good?
You will be pulling it out constantly. However, it is a good nutrient sponge, and depending on your tank MAY be good.

Do you have plants below it, that you know to need a good amount of light? Also - why are you considering adding it in the first place? I wouldn't add it just for the sake of adding it - because when it comes time to get rid of it, you're out of luck.

Aug 3, 2007
Indiana
You will be pulling it out constantly. However, it is a good nutrient sponge, and depending on your tank MAY be good.

Do you have plants below it, that you know to need a good amount of light? Also - why are you considering adding it in the first place? I wouldn't add it just for the sake of adding it - because when it comes time to get rid of it, you're out of luck.
well i like it thats y

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store