mudskippers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bhub1979

AC Members
Sep 13, 2007
hello

i've got a tank which is 140 L and i would like to make a salt water with mudskipper especially periophthalmodon septemradiatus wich is 12 cm

is there anybody who knows that species ?

thanks

mudskippers

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Tempe, AZ
Is 140Liters = 36Gal??
Also, Is your tank Long?? Tall?

Personally, I have heard that its a min. to keep any species of mudskippers in a min. of 55gals. Though, im not going to steer you away from keeping a mudksipper in a 36gal. I belive it all depends on your set up. As long as you can provide the up most natural settings that you can, and also provied tons of "land/perching" areas, I think things should be ok. But you should remember, that they do like to be in groups, at least a pair. But I'm not sure you should have two in such a small tank... Like I said, it all depends on your set up.. (for the most part) Mudskippers dont like to be lonly, but yet they need to be able to get away from eachother and have several differnt spots in the tank where they can perch without the other one being in their eye sight.

Also.. I dont know much about the species that you have mentioned above, What i do know is, that they are pretty much just like any other type of mudskipper, same diet, same ammount of aggression.. ect..
One interesting fact about this mudskipper is it may also be kept in freshwater, (same as the indian mudskippers) But if you buy your skipp from brackish, keep them in brackish..

Now, this being said, where do you plan on finding this species? Does your lfs sell them? I personally have only been able to find the indain dwarfs and the alantics..

mudskippers

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Tempe, AZ

bhub1979

AC Members
Sep 13, 2007
sorry about my english i used a translator

Thank you for the information
My aquarium measures 1 m of length, 40cm of width and 35 cms in height, there is a little less half of the water in my aquarium, two roots, a dry corner(place) and I am soon going to buy plants

what do you think about that ?

i would like to say that i saw a saler in the pet shop who said to me that i could make live 4 mudskippers in my tank and i saw these mudskippers in a tank 80 L

but if i can't take mudskippers i'll take a crab instead of them :)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store