re decorating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SoulkeepeR

Social Lurker
Mar 15, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm geting bord with the look of my tank and I want to re decorate it.

I want to do ROCK, and I want to know where I could get a bunch of rock and for cheap too, I want to make a big Rock wall that goes along the tank.

alos would I have to make PVC pipe frame to hold the rock up, or is it ok to just silicone them together.

also what rock would be the best, I was thinking texas holy rock, but if you could find something better then please tell me.

Last edited:

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
I wrote you an email about your tanks' decorations, would you be looking to part with any of them due to this change, I'd be interested in potentially buying them, pending weight, etc

let me know man

BigOh

African Rift Lake or bust
Aug 28, 2001
NY, USA
www.african.uklinux.net
For what kind of tank?? type of fish??

I find River Rocks ... both round and flat ... tend to be some of the most natural looking rocks for aquascaping. They are normally pretty smooth, so that is a benefit for the fish.

If it is a Rift Lake setup, then I would certainly say go w/ River Rocks.

P.S. and they are free .. all you have to do is go hiking. ;)

ArkyLady

Addict In Training
Nov 27, 2002
Arkansas
BigOh, I've been planning to gather some river rocks here locally, but I was a bit concerned about them leeching out iron or other potentially harmful things into my aquarium. Do you do anything special to the rocks you find to prevent this? Other than simply avoiding the rocks that "look" like they might have a vein of something running through them.

Originally posted by BigOh
I find River Rocks ... both round and flat ... tend to be some of the most natural looking rocks for aquascaping. They are normally pretty smooth, so that is a benefit for the fish.

If it is a Rift Lake setup, then I would certainly say go w/ River Rocks.

P.S. and they are free .. all you have to do is go hiking. ;)

SoulkeepeR

Social Lurker
Mar 15, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
my e-mail is not working right now, I had to reload my comp beucase of a virus and I havent got around to loading outlook yet, but yea, if I get my ass up and get the rocks, I'll be more then happy to sell the decor to you for cheap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store