Can I add another clown?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
So I'm a total doorknob and only bought one Ocellaris clown instead of a pair this past weekend. I immediately regretted it that afternoon.
Obviously, I choked:D
Is it possible to add another a week later and have them get along?Or am I doomed to only one? This one seems to get along great with the chromis.
His name is Shakes, btw. Shakes the Clown.
Thanks!!
Robbie

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
you are totally fine...

i originally added two (not a mated pair) to my 30gal tank.. but then noticed 1 was sick so i put him in quarantine by himself for like 2 or 3 weeks.

when i put him back in the display with the other clown they got along totally fine.

you should be totally fine getting another within a couple weeks if not even longer...

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
you are totally fine...

i originally added two (not a mated pair) to my 30gal tank.. but then noticed 1 was sick so i put him in quarantine by himself for like 2 or 3 weeks.

when i put him back in the display with the other clown they got along totally fine.

you should be totally fine getting another within a couple weeks if not even longer...
:thm:
Thanks!
Robbie

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Yeah, as long as they are little guys, they should pair up no problem (as long as you get another of the same variety).

jl-sullivan

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
I hate to be the gloom-and-doom type but I bought a second and they hated each other--they got along for about a week and then the larger one started chasing and biting the smaller one. I let it go for a few days but eventually took the newbie out. I hope it works out for you, but if you buy a second make sure you have a backup plan if things don't work out.

soccerkidbs

How do you like me now?
Mar 9, 2007
Medford
i think it should work for you. but i dont know in a small tank like yours they might run into eachother at every turn =)

jayghmi

Senior Member Wannabe
Feb 3, 2007
Western Michigan
I believe a fight after a while is inevitable as one changes from male to female. The female always beats the crap out of the male until dominance is complete, then the get along.

Jay

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Dude's got a 210.

He could probably put two pairs in there if he did it right, and never have an issue.

:)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I hate to be the gloom-and-doom type but I bought a second and they hated each other--they got along for about a week and then the larger one started chasing and biting the smaller one. I let it go for a few days but eventually took the newbie out. I hope it works out for you, but if you buy a second make sure you have a backup plan if things don't work out.
This is quite common really..All that is happening there is the dominant one is simply stamping the authority onto the other...establishing a pecking order..its nothing to worry about..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store