Cardinal Fish injured/sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

06scoob

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
A few days ago i noticed my cardinal fish was developing a sore like deal on his bottom lip i have no idea what it is pictures are below. please suggest or inform. Thanks in advance

1Fish2Fish3Fish

AC Members
Sep 23, 2007
He might be getting cotton mouth on his bottom lip, it looks more like he ran into the glass really hard and started soring up, it happened once to my Puffer.

06scoob

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
ya it does look like that could be the case, but its seems like its been swelling and looks like it could be on this inside of his lip too

1Fish2Fish3Fish

AC Members
Sep 23, 2007
I had a good 10" Queen Angel that had the same problem but it was more on the inside of the lip. It was blistered red like us humans accidently bite our lip.

It doesnt look like a case your fish would die from it, I wouldnt worry too much.

06scoob

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
cool man thanks for the quick replys

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
It looks like an abrasion to me as well. At first I thought Yea! babies but, alas not this time. It should heal on it's own but, do keep an eye open for infections etc.

06scoob

AC Members
Jun 23, 2007
TTT: Its gotten more inflamed.. its almost his entire bottom lip.

Any Suggestions?

Edit: pH was a little low so i figured he might be stressed so i did a 15% water change but no luck so far... and hes eating too

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Well, I'd move him to q.t. and start out by giving him a f.w. dip and some garlic soaked food. Repeat the dip once per day for 3 or 4 days let us know if it's looking better etc. I always go from least invasive to most.
hth
max

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store