New to SW

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1stfish57

AC Members
Sep 24, 2007
New Jersey
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to sw tank/reef keeping. I started cycling my tank 2 1/2 weeks ago and right now I have the first signs of life. I'm seeing some copepods swimming aroung in the tank. I'm cycling with live rock and live sand. I've been testing my water regularaly and no changes. PH is 8.2, salinity 1.023, ammonia 0, nitrite 0. Can anyone tell me what to expect next?

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Hey buddy, welcome to AC.

Congrats on the tank! Isn't awesome to see changes happening to the tank as time progresses?

Ask some questions in the marince section of the forums.. you'll get all the info you need!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to sw tank/reef keeping. I started cycling my tank 2 1/2 weeks ago and right now I have the first signs of life. I'm seeing some copepods swimming aroung in the tank. I'm cycling with live rock and live sand. I've been testing my water regularaly and no changes. PH is 8.2, salinity 1.023, ammonia 0, nitrite 0. Can anyone tell me what to expect next?
Hi there and welcome to Aquaria Central..

As to what happens next will depend on what your nitrATES are reading..Have you tested for them yet mate?

Your best start a thread over in the marine section, tell us a little more about your system and we will do all we can to help you...

Welcome on board

Niko

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
Hello and Welcome to the AC...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store