Fungus treatment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Noticed this morning that the rasbora that initially had the fungus ball on him looks to be developing it again in the same spot. This is even after one dosing of the Jungle Fungus Clear. The second dose is scheduled for today.

His symptoms are: white fuzzy spot developing on his side near the top (same spot as before). He also is dull in color and does not have a round belly like the other two harley's. I also noticed that it appears like there is a whitish "film" pretty much covering him (if that sounds right). Might just appear that way in the light. He is active, swims and eats just fine. He does kind of keep to himself though.

I'm curious if there is a different product that I should be using or just go ahead and do a 25% wc and start the follow up treatment.

Also, setting up a QT. My son is begining to set up his own 10g tank and I was wondering if I can interupt him briefly to set up a QT and put the harley in to treat him there away from the main tank. How would one do this since it is nowhere near a cycling point?

Should I also still treat the main tank again for the fungus?

Sry for all the questions.

Thx for your help.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
With just one fish the bioload will be so minimal that it would take a long time before it got high enough to damage your fish in the QT tank.

I recommend getting Pimafix and Melafix and using them together to treat your fish. This will take care of the fungus and any underlying bacterial infection that is allowing the fungus to come back. Treat the QT tank with both.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
ok...so tell me if this is the proper way of doing this:

right now its just a bare 10g tank. i will stop by lfs to pick up a filter and heater (it doesn't need a light does it). when i get home, i will set up tank add water put on filter. i was going to take the filter media off of the 20g tank and put in the new filter. is that ok?

net fishy and place into the 10g. then add meds accordingly.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
I have set up the 10g to get a qt tank going. I took the media out of the 20g and have it sitting somewhat in the the little filter basket of the 10. I also squeezed some of the sponge in the water. Should I have done that? I am (or I should say my son) is going to actually be commissioning this tank for his own. I thought I would try to help the cycling along by doing this while using it as a qt as well.

getting ready to move fungy fish over and treat with pimafix and melafix. should i add this to the water first or after the fishy is in?

if someone could advise me if im doing this right i would appreciate it. never done a qt tank before.

thx

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
anyone?

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
It doesn't matter if it's before or after moving the fish. You're going to have to dose it everyday anyway (while the fish is in). It won't hurt the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store