WooHoo! Just two FREE 30 gal. aquariums!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I am SO excited, I had to share! I just picked these up from a freecycler in my area today. They're kindof old, they've got wood look frames and they're dusty and dirty, but they seem to be watertight and have the nice clear sealant on the seams. No hoods or filters or anything, but that's fine, I'm sure I'd rather get new stuff anyway. I'm just so thrilled that they turned out to be so big! When she offered them to me, she said she had 2 10 gal. aquariums, but when I went to get them, it was obvious they were much larger. I just found an online calculator thingy and put in the measurements and one is 28+ and the other one is 29.9. The longer one will be for my African Albino Clawed Frogs to live in since they'll get really big and need the length. I think I want to make the taller one, it's 28 gal., into a reef! This will be a long project, of course, since it's all about the $$$, but at least I got the tanks free!

Annette
seriously bad case of MTS
10 gal. - 1 betta, 2 mollies
5 gal. - 2 ACFs, 2 mystery snails
29 gal future home of froggies & snails
28 gal. future reef! :headbang2:

MammoMK11

Owner of a Wandering Mind
Jan 21, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
Congrats. Hoods/lighting is way cheaper than a tank, so you got pretty lucky. Just make sure to clean them out fairly well.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
any advice on cleaning?

Thanks!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I usualy sterilize with chlorine bleach rinse well and let air dry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store