If you had a 350 gallon tank w/o high light, what would stock it with?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
If you had A 350 GALLON TANK, no livestock in there right now, has a nice OC canister, and a sump with a 20 gallon refuge(this has good bright lighting), and only about 300w of Pc lighting over the main tank, basically anything requiring lots of lights are out, what would you stock the tank with?

The goal: high diversity, not too tough feeding, no body eating the others etc.

Sea Anemones
Clown fish
Crabs, shrimps
Angels
Tangs
Wrasses?
Other inverts?
I do want one school of smaller fish.

There is a lot of rock work and places to hide.

Thanks for any responses

Regards,
Tom Barr

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I probably would attempt a temperate biotope aquarium, myself.

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
hey plantbrain! its good to see you on the site....your tanks always end up amazing.

To answer your question, it does seem a bit low light for an anemone, but then again, there are rare species they dont have such high light requirements.

as for fish.....I'd have one of each common tang and clownfish, numerous cardinals, a lamarcks angelfish, some six-line wrasses, and definitely a bunch of chromis.

personally, I'd keep the amount of inverts down, as the tangs are great cleaners.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I would

A. Make it an agressive tank JUMBO dogface puffers, snowflake eels, angerfish, Angels , Tangs, hawkfish and maybe a flounder.

B. Make it a tang tank, with some skunk clowns, big shoal of blue reef chromis. and a big angel, something like a queen,majestic, or emperator. Maybe a marine betta.

C. make it an oddball tank, collect weird random specimens that are really rare.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I would go with a dedicated tang tank..an abundance of live rock to build the habitat....Its a very large tank and its best use would be to house fish that can really take advantage of the space and swimming room...

Or, as said by SHK_ATK, go with a great odd ball tank...scour the divers den on liveaquaria.com and get some big beautifull fish in there..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store