Long Fin + Normal Zebra Danio?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kettemoor

AC Members
Sep 14, 2007
Tallahassee, Fl
Hey everyone, I have 7 Zebra Danio that are currently helping to cycle my tank. Eventually I want a school of 11 Zebra Danio but I like the longfins looks better for the aquarium.

My question is, will Longfin and normal zebra danio school together? Or would they just form their own clicks?

Thanks

NewObsession

AC Members
Aug 27, 2007
ok.. on that note, I am in a similar situation. Currently have 8 long fins in a 10 gallon ( they really are a cool looking fish when you get a good look at them) Was at a LFS last week and saw some pink ones. I like then just to add some colour ( not confident enough with the tank to add the gouramis that the g/f wants) Would long fins and pink danios school together? I know I saw some giant danios the other day and was told they would not school

CChase

AC Members
Jan 24, 2007
Savoy, MA and Northfield, VT
Yes, again.

Long fins will school with regular fins will school with leopards will school with glo-danios... it's all the same fish, just different color variations. And as most fish are color blind anyway, it really doesn't matter.

Giant danios are a different species, so they aren't going to school with zebra danios.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store