My first planted tank- 55 gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cypress

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
Here is my very first planted and aquascaped tank! It was just planted on this past Friday, but I think it seems to be growing already!

I want to get a dirftwood root for the right side. Slate to prop the cave, rather than holey rock. And a few more smallish holey and river rocks to place in the foreground. I am also expecting about 8 more plants from Aquadise any day now!!

Also, for those wondering, the Chromides are going back to the store this weekend. I did not know there were Brackish Cichlids, and the LFS guy did not tell me. I know, I know, BAD BAD BAD aquarist. :(

Anyhoo.... here it is!

[/quote]

Cypress

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
If anyone has any opinions on my plans, or ideas on how I could improve, please share! I am definitely open to comment/criticism!!

Ajordan

Se?or Member - Get it?
Nov 21, 2006
Massachusetts
looks like a great start! love the rams. keep up updated as it start to grow in.

Also, are the white objects holding up the slate cave something natural or are they resin type ornaments. The white color instantly makes me think limestone or coral...

Cypress

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
They are Texas holey rock, limestone I believe? They really are not well showcased there, I want to get more slate to prop the cave and then place the holey rock in the foreground!

ideas1400

AC Members
Sep 12, 2007
I would say leave the way it is and let it grow alittle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store