Tangs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I went to my LFS and talked to my buddy there and he suggested I buy some of the more intreasting tangs they had. These tangs ive never heard of before and did not know if they are genetically engineered or if they are common and Ive just never seen them, but some of the tangs where identical as the dwarf angels in coloring.

Ebilli Tang - same coloration of the ebilli angel

Lemon peel tang - same coloration as the lemon peel angel

half black tang - same coloration as the half black tang

so are these pretty common tangs? or are they GE? they are pretty nice looking I almost bought a flamefin tang decided against it.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Ebilli Tang - Do you mean Eibli Tang? If you do, then this is quite similar to an angel fish, treat as a normal tang..can be very agressive towards other tangs.

Half Black Tang - Again, one of the mimic surgeon fish, can grow quite large..treat as you would a tang normally.

Lemon Peel Tang - AKA Lemon mimic tang..again treat as a normal tang..

None of the above are GE fish, they are all naturaly available fish in the reef..The only one which does activly look like an angel is the Eibil tang..

Hopr this helps

Niko

mrtuskfish

AC Members
Jul 13, 2007
I went to my LFS and talked to my buddy there and he suggested I buy some of the more intreasting tangs they had. These tangs ive never heard of before and did not know if they are genetically engineered or if they are common and Ive just never seen them, but some of the tangs where identical as the dwarf angels in coloring.

Ebilli Tang - same coloration of the ebilli angel

Lemon peel tang - same coloration as the lemon peel angel

half black tang - same coloration as the half black tang

so are these pretty common tangs? or are they GE? they are pretty nice looking I almost bought a flamefin tang decided against it.[/quote

I don't believe any tang has ever been bred in captivity, much less genetically engineered. Only a tiny percentage of marine fish are captive bred; mostly clowns and a few gobies. Clownfish are the only marine fish I know of, that has "freaks" being marketed...may be more, but not many.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
Alright, I just never head of them before, Kind of shows you the amount of fish that are out there available to us, TAKE THAT FRESHWATER!! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store