Small problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Daniel_MoY

Friendly Newbie
Sep 20, 2007
Fargo, ND
myweb.cableone.net
Ok I found out that I was allowed tanks at my appartment, being garden level, they said they didn't care about size.

I went to petco and got a 38g tank. for 240$us that came with stand, HOB filter, heater, hood, set it all up in my dinning room against the wall.

few weeks while looking at the fish I want to add to my tank, I came across a 60g used with filter, heater, hood,for 200$us. So I got it and stuck it against the other wall in my dining room. (come to find out it only had a 150w heater, and bio-wheel 200 filter) with nice oak stand.

Now looking at some other LFS stores in my area I found a nice 75g tank with matching oak stand for 190$us.

I think I am comming down with MTS (multiple Tank Syndrome) but I cant for the life of me figure out where to put it, other then taking my 38g out and putting it there. And it's still cycling No Amonia, Lots of Nitrites, no Nitrates, same as the 60g

One day I would like a marine reef tank, but have to make sure I am able to take care of it in the long run.

So what is a good price for tank and stand?

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
normally a good deal would be $1 per gallon for the tank.
$1 per gallon for the stand and lids
$1 per gallon of coverage for the accessories.
plus some for whatever is included.
so for example, i would pay $150 for a 55 gallon tank with stand and all accessories and call that a good deal... but i usually hold out for "great deals"

MySpace Mike

MySpace Mike Creative Media Founder
Jul 8, 2007
Denver, CO.
www.myspace.com
This depends on where you live. I use craigslist for finding my tanks, i got two 55g tanks off craigslist at great prices, they had everything with them, filters, heaters, stands, hoods, lights, drift wood, gravel, etc.....

My EBJD 55g tank i got free from a guy on craigslist, and my other 55g tank i paid $80 for, both tanks are in perfect condition, and came everything i needed to set them up, and more. So i always use craigslist for finding tanks at good prices.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store