Mail problems.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
First the paypal issues where I paid twice due to one payment being "lost" and now the bettas are apparently lost int eh mail. They were supposed to arrive yesterday. It's 6PM and they are still not here. I just left in the middle of a funeral service to come check on the shipping crisis. Which I got late to because I was desperately trying to contact them. However the phone service is down today so I cannot call anyone..Even to scream at them where my package is.

I think I'm looking at a claims situation now. I don't think fish can survive being lost in the mail for very long. I will be gone from Sun- tues.
Anyone ever got to this point?.

Eupterus

Jul 22, 2007
Shipped Thursday. One day of mail delay?/lost?..Then sunday no delivery.
Then I will be gone..That's five days. Oh wait...six days.:(. So much for OVERNIGHT delivery.

Last edited:

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
that is no good...sorry :( do you have a neighbor or a friend or family member who could get the package and acclimate for you?

Eupterus

Jul 22, 2007
I can't get anyone on such short notice. I won these bettas and sent payment last SUNDAY...so how was I was to expect they would have still not arrived by now?.

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
Find someone, pay someone, even an older child.......just have someone get that fish out of the box and into water until you are back.

nickmcmechan

Proudly Scottish
Feb 25, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
i think as long as you have communicated with the supplier and this is no surprise to them, the responsibility lies with them

offer for them to get the courier to contact you and that you are happy to visit the couriers office...puts the ball back in their court and makes the supplier take responsibility for the courier, and therefore the cost?

Eupterus

Jul 22, 2007
I just cancelled the NYC trip over this lost package fiasco.
I posted on aquabid concerning the situation.

If the bettas are still lost in the mail on Monday, I can try to drive to Pitsfield where they are mysteriously being detained.
Though this will be a difficult since I have trouble with long distance driving, have never driven there and my cars' engine light is on.

The next day my car will be at the shop all day about an hour away in the opposite direction concerning said engine light so if it's still lost by then my hands are tied.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
EGR valve is probably out on your car... about the only thing that will make the engine light come on. Of course, Im not mechanic.

southpaw

Lefty
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee
Not sure what shipping method was used but the USPS will be closed on Monday for Columbus Day.... So if they were used for shipping it will be Tuesday at earliest

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store