Where to get Aquatic Plants?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xack9797

DirtyBottom
Oct 27, 2006
South Texas
I want to start trying out some live plants for my freshwater tanks. What is the most reliable or best on-line site to order from and why? Thanks for your help.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
the best plants I have received have been from member of forums like this.

xack9797

DirtyBottom
Oct 27, 2006
South Texas
Well thats where I am a little overwhelmed. I dont know where to start. I dont know what is good for beginners and i dont know what will go good with my sand. I have a mixture of pool filter sand and gravel in my 55G. Any thoughts on what to use to start off. I want some foreground and taller background with some grasses as well.

StereoKills

Hey intern, get me a Campari.
Sep 10, 2007
Ithaca, NY
:iagree: Or at least with the types of plants in that package. You may want to check out the Classifieds and the Free/Trade Plants sticky there. People here are great and I've been completely satisfied with everyone I've dealt with.

midiamin

MidiAmin
Jan 29, 2005
San Francisco
Yeah, take that 'hard to kill list' and go to the AC classifieds and start shopping. Everything on that list shows up there at some time and you don't want to get too much plant at one time. Start with the Java Fern Anubius and crypts. All low light since you have discussed your lighting. You also need to discuss ferts, CO2 and other stuff dedicated to a beautiful plant display.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store