lion fish feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snowclown

AC Members
Sep 10, 2007
london england
hi matthew, lion fish tend to prefer there food fed live.I give my large volitan live prawns-shrimps-damsels,ect, you have probably noticed that they tend to spend a lot of there time just hanging around, just waiting for live prey to pass by and trigger there hunting instinicts. Remember not to feed them goldfish, as this can cause liver problems in marine fish. I have read that mature volitans eat once a week in the wild, but it is probably best to feed them every two days in captivity.

dischirm

moray girl
Aug 19, 2005
Sacramento Ca
I have to disagree. Lions do fine on frozen food. They are such pigs, it really doesnt matter what you feed them. But you are correct about the goldfish, that is the WORST thing to feed them. Give your lion a varied diet of fish flesh (go to your meat market at the grocery store and get any saltwater fish that you would eat) and shellfish (scallops, calamari, shrimp, etc) Feed your lion every 3 days or so should be just fine.

soccerkidbs

How do you like me now?
Mar 9, 2007
Medford
be carful and dont over feed lion fish dont use up much energy and can go a while in between feedings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store