Hi Planning for a Discus Tank Soooon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cocobid

Shrimp Addict In Training
Aug 31, 2006
Hi I am new to Discus....but know that I would love to share my home with a couple....

I started fish keeping in the early 70's salt tanks did that for about 15 years. Oh yes the most sophisticated equipment. we had back then Hydrometer and UGF~~~~ Suspended aquariums for a decade or 2. Fast forward.

Several years ago I had to take the car from Mom, became her personal shouffer and everything else. So before I would come home I started stopping by LFS's to decompress... One day 3 Goldfish came home with me. The freshwater journey began. I love my GF but as we have losses I will not replace. I have a used 50G cube that I am going to replace soon with a Acrylic one. This will be our Discus tank. Well that is why I am here to learn...and meet new friends. These are beautiful shy creatures and from what I have read really need to do your homework to set up and perfect system. That is what we will do.

This may be a year in the making but will get there.

Looking forward to getting to meet you'all
Karen/Cocobid

I lost my Mom 4 weeks ago.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Hey Karen.

Thanks for joining, and welcome to AC.

Best advice I can give you, (and it seems like you've already figured it out) is do your research before spending a penny on equipment...

There's loads of info on the site for getting you setup properly...

Have fun... :)

And... condolences for your mom... :( ...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC, Karen!

In the post box, lower, right corner is an edit icon. There is a time limit after you post the comment for when you can edit.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Hello...........:welcome:

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
Hello and Welcome to the AC...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com