55G, Freshwater or Saltwater?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fresh or Salt

• Freshwater - Planted

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Saltwater - FOWLR

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Trex76us

AC Members
Sep 30, 2007
Lewisville, Tx
My dad gave gave me his 55 gallon tank a few week ago that he used to use as a saltwater. I filled it up woth water for 24 hours and I didn't leak, so I went out and got a new stand and top for it. He just game me the tank so I need to get new lights and the rest of the stuff. I can't make up my mind on what kind of fish I want to keep in it. I really like the colors of the saltwater fish but I seems to cost alot more to run then a freshwater.

So what I'm really trying to ask, if this was your tank would you run a planted freshwater tank or Saltwater FOWLR.?

Help me make up my mind so that I can get the right stuff for the tank. I'll aslo be asking for more help later on and will post on the build of the tank so that all can follow along and have there own input on it.

Tank3.jpg

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I voted planted, but you'll get way more votes and less "Try general fresh" if you put it there.

-DP

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC, Trex. I recommend you post in the appropriate forum for more responses.

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
Hello and Welcome to the AC...awesome kitty also...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store