Injured Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

txaggies07

My fish are happy...i think
Dec 22, 2006
College Station, TX
It appears as though my tang got in a fight and lost. I found up against my Koralia when I got home from work. He has some scaring, and one of his fins is badly damaged. I moved him to another tank. He is still breathing, but just laying on the bottom. Is there anything I can for him?

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
very sorry mate who do you think did him in? Let us know what else you have if you find your self at a loss.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
were they new additions, had they been in the tank together for a while? What type of tangs are/were they?

Tangs are very territorial towards other Tangs, I once saw a purple and a yellow fight to the death, both died.

If you are going to introduce two Tangs into the same tank it is almost always recommended to introduce them all at the same time, with very few exceptions by species.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I for one would blow a gasket if either my Yellow or my Pacific Blue died, they are my favorite fish in my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store