Yellow Tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Hi all not been on here for a little while as i have been on vacation to Florida and since returning home have been a little on the busy side.

Anyway my question is can a Yellow Tang kill a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp?
Since introducing him to the tank my cleaner shrimp has gone missing:cry:

He was fine and always around the tank and even coming up to my hand to clean me whenever i put my hand in the tank.

Its funny that introducing the tang to the tank i have not seen him for 4 days now and the tang has been in there 3 weeks.

Is this at all possible or has my Skunk Cleaner just died from other problems he may have had,but he was doing ok,had him for 8months prior to his disapearence.

Hope this does not sound like a silly question,but i sure do miss him.

Many thanks.
Liz.

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Hi Grins thats what i thought,but its been 5 days now and still no sign of him. :sad:

Sonicblast12

AC Members
Aug 9, 2006
My tang got along with the shrimp for several months, then he decided to snack on his "feelers" and chop them down to nubs. The poor shrimp would molt a couple of times and get them back, and then the tang would chew them off again. The outgoing shrimp became a recluse, hiding from the tang. Eventually the shrimp dissappeared.

It can happen.

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Well still no sign of him this morning :sad: looks like my YT is responsible for his disappearance.

Thanks for those who replied to my post.

Anyone want a YT for free.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store