25G Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lansirill

Mathemagician
Jun 14, 2007
Washington, DC
Well, this is certainly a newb question, but I'm thinking about what to do with a cheap 25G tank (24"Lx12"Dx20"H) I picked up. The brackish fish that I've come across that I'd like to keep are just going to get too big (monos and scats) for something this big. What kindof interesting fish could I stick into such a tank? So far all I've really come across has been a single puffer.

Lansirill

Mathemagician
Jun 14, 2007
Washington, DC
The bumblebee looks like it might be fun. I'm not sure that I've ever seen any available at the store, but I'll keep an eye out. I'm not so sure about the glassfish; the pictures I found didn't do them much justice. They may be neat if they're fairly close to glass catfish though.

I came across the Orange Chromide when I was looking up the glass fish, they look kindof interesting.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
You could keep 2 figure 8s in there, with a couple of BBGs.

Lansirill

Mathemagician
Jun 14, 2007
Washington, DC
I definitely like the gobies, and if I could keep some puffers (or just one) with them that would be nice. The problem is I'm going to have a very busy bottom, and nothing going on in the top. That might be a bit awkward with a 20" tall tank. Other than mollies, is there anything that would swim in the upper or mid levels of the tank that would fit in a tank this size?

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
if you want color, most livebearers will thrive in at least moderate (~1.005) salinity and would occupy the top level happily. some besides the mollies can thrive in much higher salinity

if you can find them, some of the blue-eyes also live in ~1.005 slainity

Keeshaw

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
Here's pic of my 20H/w 13 bbg @ guppies. The guppies supply live food for bbgs.The small dots are trumpet snails.

009.JPG

009.JPG

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
now that would be telling
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store