$600.00 or less for both. Skimmer and pump?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
I can't seem to find the Octopus ddnw 250 around online in stock. So...What's everybody's suggestion for a skimmer and pump combo that is the most powerful (efficient) under $600.00 for both? What's the best in everybody's opinion and why?
Thanks,
Tom

Forgot: I have a 100 gallon tank w/50 gallon sump/fuge with a heavy bioload (tangs).Thanks.

Last edited:

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
How'd you find that? I thought I looked everywhere. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they have any in stock. Thanks very much!
Tom

p.s. the guy at reefdepot said the distributer was all out because Octopus was coming out with a new line that was priced the same, but more efficient. Anybody hear of this?

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
He's out too. Still looking. I guess there's a new line of Extreme Octopus skimmers coming out in two months. I don't know if I can wait that long.

soccerkidbs

How do you like me now?
Mar 9, 2007
Medford
that is nice to know that they are coming out with a new line of skimmers. just to bad you have to wait that long. i think i remember some on ebay about a week ago.

tamableanimal

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
Caro, Michigan
I just got the nw200 octopus from diyreef for my 150 reef, and it skims almost as good as some of the high end skimmers. Skimmer and feed pump was less than $350.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
i have an extremely large oceanic plus sereis model 6 venturi skimmer (bigger than any skimmer i've ever seen in a store) it still has the original price tag on it from 10 yrs ago when it was $399
the ehaim 1260 (?) hobby pump that came with it has a broken impellor magnet. but i think they're like $20 or $30

anyways, if you can use it i'd be happy to sell it to you. I have no use for it.. i dont even own a saltwater tank, and the one i'm planning is only 39 gallons.
send me a PM if you're interested.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
i have an extremely large oceanic plus sereis model 6 venturi skimmer (bigger than any skimmer i've ever seen in a store) it still has the original price tag on it from 10 yrs ago when it was $399
the ehaim 1260 (?) hobby pump that came with it has a broken impellor magnet. but i think they're like $20 or $30

anyways, if you can use it i'd be happy to sell it to you. I have no use for it.. i dont even own a saltwater tank, and the one i'm planning is only 39 gallons.
send me a PM if you're interested.
I feel a super saving moment coming on here.... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store