False Ocellaris Clown in green bubble tip Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
i just put some green bubble tip anemone in my 30 gal about 2 day ago and both of my clown fish look at it but the one is swimming in it i am so happy. will post pic and hopefuly a video as soon as i get time. the bigger one was the first in just hope there is room for the smaller clown also:headbang2: :dance:

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
yea thats the main thing in the tank and it is kinda small right now so i think it will be fine for a wile

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Keep an eye on it if it is real small, the clowns can do more harm than good if it hasn't become established. I have been glad mine haven't given up their mushrooms for it yet (if ever). Looking foward to seeing photos of yours.

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
do you think 30 gal is to small for this invert. it still bubble its tip like its doing fine and it has found a spot in the tank an has been there for about 2 full day. so i think he likes where hes at.

soccerkidbs

How do you like me now?
Mar 9, 2007
Medford
i have one in my 29 and he is doing great. looks amazing also. if he gets to big i will move him into the bigger tank.

Grins

May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The bubbles on the tips don't really tell much from what I've read. Scientists haven't really found out why they do it. Some say flow, some say salinity, etc. etc.

I think in the long run that yes the 30g will be too small for it. A wee bit young of a tank for it too from what I recall but if you have the right lights and flow for it otherwise you should be OK until it starts to grow (which mine has already been visibly doing) It is amazing what a gobbled down piece of silverside will do every other day huh?

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
i just think it is great beacuse every one i talked to said that that kinda clown wont pair up with that invert normaly but mine did just fine so i will have to tell every one

jowek7

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
that tank has been set up for about 20 weeks and thats not long enuf for it

Grins

May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Generally you want to wait a minimum of 6 months. One to let your tank become established but mostly to let the reefkeeper learn about the hobby and to be able to handle issues appropriately.

Bubble tips are a hardier choice of a not hardy species, and I agree the bubble tip is not normally thought of as a host to some clowns although it can happen. I didnt' get mine for my ocellaris clowns and will be a bit surprised if they pay more than a curious look at it, I'll not be shocked though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store