Good package, good price?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Is this a good price and are these good plants for a 216 watt 75g? I don't have the lighting yet, but considering I'm going to be getting it in a month's time, I figure 108 watts will be sufficient for now. Also, is it a good price? I'll probably shoot for the 20g package, I already have some plants. Should I try the 30g? Opinions?

http://www.petsolutions.com/articles/99310.html

P.S: I can hardly get any plants around here, most are 15$ and can only be shipped in every 2 months to avoid 10$ extra, and even while I'm in halifax, it's 7.50-10$ per plant (depending on if I get 1 or 4). Thanks,

-DP

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
The prices are $10 cheaper than shown in that table, too. Petsolutions seems to rotate which plant pack is on sale. What's their shipping quote to N.S ???

I bought a rough stuff pack from them...everything in good shape and as advertised. I'm only a day away, shipping-wise so i can't vouch for longer distances.

FYI, I did get pond snails and ramshorns in the assortment...

Maybe buy the 20 or the 30...and add extra anubias/swords to your order?

--Don

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Hmmm, I may just buy an extra amazon sword or 2 with the 20g set. They don't list amazon swords or darf sag, and probably some of their other plants they have in their prices. Guess I'll check again :shakehead:

EDIT: They have sword, but for 5$ extra, I think I'll pass...

Yoemen

In Boogeyman's closet
Nov 2, 2005
Galveston
I think amazon swords in most tanks are over done. I had 3 in my 75 and just didn't like how they looked or how much space they take up.

Carissa

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
FYI, www.aquariumplants.com ships to Canada now. They were the cheapest I could find to ship to NL, but I haven't tried them yet. I think shipping for a moderately sized order was around $30. No customs etc. issues. They have a 24 plant assortment for about $40.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
BUMP

If they have it, maybe some corkscrew val aswell...

Carissa

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Your link won't show your personal shopping cart, it shows the shopping cart of my computer. :)

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Your link won't show your personal shopping cart, it shows the shopping cart of my computer. :)
Ah, lol... Why didn't I catch that? :rolleyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store