Refugium for 209G tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Hey all, I'm going to add a 33 gallon refugium to my 209 gallon FOWLR tank mainly for Caleurpa for my tangs. The only problem is I don't have enough room under the stand so it will have to go next to the tank on the floor. What is the best way to get water from the tank or sump into the refugium and back to the tank or sump. Confusing? The refugium tank is (LxWxH) 24x12x25. So any ideas? Also how deep should I make sandbed? I would like to have a deep sandbed, some live rock, and caleurpa, and use Power Compacts to grow the caleurpa faster. Any ideas or pointers. Somehow I think I will mainly be thanking you Slip, so for you and everyone else, thank you in advance.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Can you have them be the same height at the top? If so, you can setup an overflow, and then use a small powerhead to get the water back into the main system. Turnover would be fairly low, but it would be really easy to maintain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store