crazy clowns (with pic)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
so while my female clown spends most of her time in my rbta she spends the rest of the time under it...

is that a normal behavior for clowns? she and the male were taking turns laying under it last night it was kinda cute :)

oh and i'll just throw in a fts ffrom today while your here looking :thumbsup:

if you are familiar with my thread about the xenia you may notice it's absence from the lr (at bottom right) and see a hint of it smashed against the glass (under my royal gramma)... now im thinking i have a great spot for a new lps :) hijacking my own thread here i am not happy with how things are looking on the left side of the tank - specifically with the frogspawn. i like how it looked before when it was laying down up there but it was getting dangerously close to both the kenya tree and the koralia. if anyone has any aquascaping ideas for me please share them with me! :help2: oh and i should say the hole above the purple shrooms does have a torch coral but it had just been shoved in there and was all pissed off so it's pulled in in the pic.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
First of all...did you know there was a magical broom, bat and spider in your tank?
halloween themed? haha
how long have you had the pair? the female will lay eggs close to her anenome, usualy even under it. perhaps she is just reserving the spot. have you noticed a lot of dominant behavior or a lot of clearing and scratching against that spot?

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
na the broom is for the clean up crew

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
halloween themed? haha
how long have you had the pair? the female will lay eggs close to her anenome, usualy even under it. perhaps she is just reserving the spot. have you noticed a lot of dominant behavior or a lot of clearing and scratching against that spot?
i've had the pair since may. they both had orange faces when i got them. they actually do clear the LR under the nem all the way down to the sand (to the base rock mid bottom they used to host). they get don't like crabs or snails anywhere around the nem either, they try to sweep them away. it'd be cool if they layed eggs but im not sure if they are mature..?

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
First of all...did you know there was a magical broom, bat and spider in your tank?
hahaha the picture made me feel a little better. I have a few It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown clings on my tanks. I just can't help myself. It's gotten the clowns to come out of their corner to see what it is. I thought I was odd, but at least i'm not the only one :clap:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
OK, you asked for suggestions so here is one:

I'm thinking to make a corner wall, leaving room on the front to clean the glass, and if you place short species there you don't need tons of room...I've kind of done something similiar in my 55. Then with the room that is left on the right back wall just use something like the rock on the lower front right (under the gamma) presently to make a narrow ledge. Use the right wall for the xenia that you are already planning and then you can use places on the sand for some things as you have now. And you can use the upper part of the back right wall to grow your yellow polyps or even GSP on as they will mat. To make the rock work you'll need to take a couple of those hard to work with round rocks and maybe break them.

Of course I'd not place too much permentantly before seeing if the anemone looked like it might be willing to stay up there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store