ICH......

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shanefee

AC Members
Sep 6, 2007
what doe,s it look like . Is it light white dots or is it bright dots that stand out. Just thought id ask just in case . Never seen it thats all.

shanefee

AC Members
Sep 6, 2007
Is this ich

Asked today what ich was like. Been sat in front of my tank for an hour and half and i think my lipstick tang has it . here,s some pic.s :sad::sad::sad:Picture 033.jpgPicture 029.jpgPicture 032.jpg

Picture 033.jpg Picture 029.jpg Picture 032.jpg

azzoa

AC Members
Sep 28, 2006
Wayne, NJ
That looks like ick to me. And once you see it you have to work quick to get rid of it. If it gets in their gills then they are toast. Ick works in cycles so you may see the spots one day and then not the next. Then all of a sudden all your fish have it. Once it gets in your system you need to either treat your whole tank (but not if it's reef). The best way is put the fish in QT and treat with copper or malachite green(Quick Ick).

shanefee

AC Members
Sep 6, 2007
Would it be better to take the corels out and snails. If the fish have to come out ill have to take all the rock out to catch the fish.

"13"

Thirteen
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
turn up the heat in the tank also this will help kill the ich

"13"

Thirteen
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
That could be problematic as well as not uber effective for marine ich in my opinion.
You know i was kinda thinking that. Would turning the heat up damage the Corals ? ( i plan on turning my 30g FW into a salt water tank soon )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store