ok... i give in.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
After much thought, i have decided to get rid of the ol lionfish and start a reef. I think i will just like a reef more than FOWLR.

Just figured i would tell you guys, and also as what are some easy started low light corals? I think I'll probably start with mushrooms and zoas.. sounds pretty standard right?

I also already have a rock that has a few hitch-hiker polyps on it... not too pretty... but they also weren't there when i bought the rock, so i know i can at least grow things =).

Jay

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
good to hear it. Think i can get away with roughly 4 wpg of PC lighting for a while... or should i just upgrade to MH right away?

Jay

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
it will probably be pretty quick for me too. Tank is a 75 gallon. Newly bought. I had to replace the 110gallon tank because it sprung a bad leak. I replaced it with a 75g tank.

Down the road i pretty much want to keep softies and LPS. Maybe an anem or clam too, but i think i will stay away from SPS. I will probably start with just the softies and then get the rest when i upgrade my lighting.

Sound good?
Jay

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
If you already have the PC's then start with them, but if you havent bought your lights you might want to consider getting something different

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
Grins: i just dont really like the looks of the SPS- not so concerned about the level of light.

Archer: Right now i have 130 watts (2-65w bulbs) of PC light over the tank. The question is do i add another PC fixture to give me somewhere close to 4 wpg or do i just go right for the MH.

on a side note I Just let my new yellow tang out of QT today too. I let him out a bit early, but he appeared super healthy and i couldnt bear to keep him in the QT for any more than 2 weeks :huh:

Jay

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Good Idea JPap.. I LOVE Lions but there is so much more fun things when you can start playing with corals... I think you'll be upgrading your lights sooner than you think though.. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store