55 gal stock suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sadrienne

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
I need ANY and ALL stocking suggestions for a 55 gallon.

It kinda got dumped into our laps and I need good stocking suggestions because I am NOT keeping those oscars.:huh:

I need a variety of suggestions, although I lean towards community type tank rather than a few very large agressive fish.

Thanks for all your ideas :)

Aldric_m

AC Members
Oct 25, 2007
Angels.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Suck. Angels are a chiclid and are usually on the aggressive side. Gouramis are fun with a school of Harlequin Rasboras and some fancier plecos like a Bristlenose pleco. Or a bunch of cory cats. Right now in mine I have 2 freshwater crabs, 2 pink kissing gouramis, some corys(lots of different species), 4 BN Plecos, and 15 Harlequin Rasboras. More Gouramis are comming as time allows.

hmilstead

Heather
Aug 7, 2006
Glendale, AZ
I have Angels, Pictus Cats, Long-finned Rosy Barbs and Diamond Tetras in my 55. The Angels only go nose to nose with each other and do not bother the other fish.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
3 Gourami (1M/2F)
10 Rummynose Tetra or Rosy barbs or 6 Praecox or Boesemani Rainbows.
6-8 Cories
Dwarf Pleco

With possible room to fill in gradually. That's the fun of a community tank, they're are so many possible combos. Look around and see what you like, then research, and ask the folks here about combos you like. Just my 2 cents...

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Suck. Angels are a chiclid and are usually on the aggressive side. Gouramis are fun with a school of Harlequin Rasboras and some fancier plecos like a Bristlenose pleco. Or a bunch of cory cats. Right now in mine I have 2 freshwater crabs, 2 pink kissing gouramis, some corys(lots of different species), 4 BN Plecos, and 15 Harlequin Rasboras. More Gouramis are comming as time allows.
Um angels do not suck? Ive had gouramis and angelfish and i enjoy the angelfish a lot more, the gouramis are usualy to shy as the angelfish are a lot more out roaming the tank. Theres no problem with angels and a school of rasboras with plecos/corys.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I need ANY and ALL stocking suggestions for a 55 gallon.
A school of serpae tetras, two pairs of rams, and some corys?

A group of black ruby barbs and 2-3 colisa fasciata?

Sadrienne

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
Could I maybe do a couple of angels (which I happen to have on hand), some rainbows, tetras or cherry barbs, and a few German blue rams?

davexstumpe

AC Members
Mar 8, 2007
3 angels, a pair of GBRs, a pair of gold rams, 10 rummies, a couple killies for the top level, 8 panda corys for the bottom.

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
10 neon/cardinal tetras
6 Glowlight Tetras
6 Swordtails (any colors, 1 male 5 females)
8 Corydoras (whichever are your favorites)
6 Platies (any variety, 1 male 5 females)
1 Clown Pleco

OR

4 Blood Parrot Fish

OR

2 Fancy Goldfish

Or

A danio tank...pearl danio, purple passion danio, zebra danio, glofish danio, long-finned danio...so many varities.

OR

A Molly tank...Black Molly, Silver Molly....
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile24.html

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store