coral beauty angel w/ flame angel?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
is it possible? yes. is it something I would try? not without a really really big tank. There are a lot of factors that could go into it and whether you'd want to risk the fighting that could go along with it.

pebble

AC Members
Aug 14, 2007
ok i have a 29 gallon bio cube tank with a clown, hippo tang, sailfin tang, blue damsel. the fishes are all 1-2 inches, the hippo is about the size of a quarter. plus i have a coral banded shrimp and a few hermit crabs. will it be ok if i add one angel, a small flame or coralbeaty angel?

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Well I have a coral beauty and a 75 gal.. He pretty much swims the whole tank and thinks he's the boss.. He doesn't pick at anything except some algae here and there but unless you have a tank the size of Robbie's.. I wouldn't try it.

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Well I have a coral beauty and a 75 gal.. He pretty much swims the whole tank and thinks he's the boss.. He doesn't pick at anything except some algae here and there but unless you have a tank the size of Robbie's.. I wouldn't try it.
They're on my list :naughty:
Robbie

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
ok i have a 29 gallon bio cube tank with a clown, hippo tang, sailfin tang, blue damsel. the fishes are all 1-2 inches, the hippo is about the size of a quarter. plus i have a coral banded shrimp and a few hermit crabs. will it be ok if i add one angel, a small flame or coralbeaty angel?

I'm afraid some of the fish you have now don't belong in the biocube. The two tangs will need a bigger home and soon.

pebble

AC Members
Aug 14, 2007
I'm afraid some of the fish you have now don't belong in the biocube. The two tangs will need a bigger home and soon.
i know they cant live in there forever which is why im planning to give it away when they get bigger, so if anyone interested in free fish i'll let ya know. i had the blue hippo tang for almost 2 months alrdy and it just grew 1/5 - 1/4 of an inch so far and still the size of a quarter. how fast is the growth rate normally suppose to be for my tiny tang?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I've seen some small tangs in stores, but I don't think I've ever seen one so young it was only the size of a quarter. I'm not sure how fast one would grow at that stage of development although I would have guessed faster than that.

Even if the fish you have now were all at adult size I'd probably not add a dwarf angel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store