Post Pictures of your Non-Planted Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Either tomorrow or next weekend I'm bringing home a 46g Bow front. One of my fiancee's coworkers is moving and giving it to me with fish. Cool, huh?

Point is, my 30-soon-to-be-45 is my planted aquarium. I'm thinking about putting a Blue Crayfish in this 46 g, which from what I've read would therefore be best without plants.

Could you non-planted guys(and gals) out there post pictures of your non-planted tank?

Should I go all funky with crazy gravel and aquarium furniture or should I try to have a fake-planted aquarium. Show me what you've done.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Cichlid tank w/plastic plants.

100_2800.jpg

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Here is mine. Its not done yet. I'll post better pics later. Oh ya its my 55 gallon with black moon sand, Penguin 350 and Penguin 100 filter, Visi-Therm Stealth 250Watt. My 10 gallon is behind where I took the pic from.

HPIM1551.JPG

HPIM1551.JPG

KRUNNCH540

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Tarpon Springs, Florida
I must say, learning how to aqua-scape is a difficult matter. I envisioned in my head how my 75 was going to look with slate and driftwood, but now that it is up and running. It did not turn out how I wanted...lol Perhaps I should draw it on paper next time and then build. Now if I only had a camera I would show you my noob-a-licious rock scaping.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
The black moon sand is very sharp. Excellent.

On a side note, I'm still discovering all the forums available. If a mod reads this and wants to move it to the pictures forum, I won't be offended. It'd probably best over there, but I only discovered that forum just a little while ago.
Thanks. Im not even close to being done with it. Im currently looking for some taller plastic plants to fill in some of the upper space. Not much though because I love how much room my fish have to swim. I really love the sand. I got 60 pounds of it for my 55 gallon and I think its too much. People told me I needed 100lbs for it! Im glad I followed my gut.

Aldric_m

AC Members
Oct 25, 2007
Well here it is. Im very open to suggestions.

DSCN0241.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store