Starting Brackish 20H Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
Hi guys,

I have had some other threads, but now I have decided to start a real brackish tank. I am taking all of my plants and selling them to my local fish shop. I will be left with one piece of fake driftwood, a fake piece of yellow coral, and a fake three whole plastic rock. I also have some fake plants. What do you guys suggest that I do to decorate the tank? I have a GSP and a mono argentus (I know he will be have to be moved as with the puffer) but right now the puffer is about 1.5 inches long without the tail fin and the mono argentus is about an inch high and an inch long without the fins. What would be a good salinity level to be at? What would be a good but cheap hydrometer for me to get? One from the petco or petsmart website please so I could buy it at the actual store. Is there anything else I could put in right now with the fish that are still small? Also, right now I have about 50 watts on the tank as I had a planted tank. Will those lights be fine or do I need to buy new lights?

Thanks

Gangstafish

gangstafish
Dec 10, 2006
long IslandNY
So right now the GSP and the Mono are in fresh water? You will need at least a 75 gallon tank for those two. And when they are full grown they prefer full marine water.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
well right now they are in a tank that is slowly being turned over to brackish. I would imagine there to b maybe 1.002 of salt. I will as about .002 or so per week. Yes, I know that these fish will require a bigger tank. Right now though, as they are still small, I will keep them in here, and as they grow, i will either get them a bigger tank or I will give them to friends who have bigger tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store