Pleco Concerns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Spinner_01

AC Members
Oct 16, 2007
The edge of nowhere
I have a pleco in a 30 gal, the only other tank mate is a lone zebra danio, these two are the remaining survivors of a very neglected tank that I purchased. The danio seems fine, I did lose an iridescent shark about a week ago, and haven't seen the pleco in over a week, The algae wafers are still being eaten each night but the pleco seems to have gone total nocturnal, to the point that I can't even sneak up on the tank in the middle of the night to take a look for health reasons. At what point should I intervene and make the pleco come out of hiding? Or should I just leave things alone? I did try using a blanket to "black out" the tank and slowly bring lighting back, the danio seemed irritated by this but I still never did see the pleco. Any thoughts?

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
How are the water params? I'd check on the plec if I were you. Try some yummy veggies like a slice of squash, but first check the water.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Drain the water to 3" and remove all decor slowly...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store