'blennies do the darndest things'

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
Whenever I do a water change I turn the powerhead off, as soon as I do this I see a flash of yellow as my Bicolor Blenny flies into the DIY spraybar on the powerhead. I kid you not :screwy:. He stays in there the whole time whilst I do the water change, watching...

Also I started feeding my marines flake recently and he's taken to sticking his whole head out of the water, like a periscope, to look for the flake. He spends a good few seconds (each time) with his head out of the water surveying the surface :huh:. I tried to get a pic of him doing this but he's too quick.

You gotta love blennies, great little characters.
Oh and his name is Bligh.

Blenny 5.JPG Blenny 3.JPG

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Very cool fish and it looks like you have an amazing tank.. Anyway we can talk you into a full tank shot???

TropicalNorth

Jun 9, 2006
Thanks.
Full tank shots never do my tanks justice but you get the idea. It's a 20g low light reef tank, and as you can probably tell baby leather corals are king. The tank has been running for about 10 months. I collect my own seawater (most aussie reefers do), I don't use any additives, the light is only 36w and I do weekly 10% water changes.

Tank 3.JPG Octocoral 9.JPG Octocoral 10.JPG Torch Coral 8.JPG Hermit 4.JPG

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Very cool tank.. Is that an elegance coral??

TropicalNorth

Jun 9, 2006
I believe its a young Euphyllia sp but I could be wrong.
It was a hitchhiker on the live rock.
This is what it looked like in the beginning.

Coral 1.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice photos!

TropicalNorth

Jun 9, 2006
Thanks.
I've ordered a nanostream to replace the powerhead so Bligh won't be able to play in the spray bar for much longer. I hope he doesn't develop the same fascination with the nanostream...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store