clown needs help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
What is this? My clown looks sick. I just noticed it. He doesn't seem to be rubbing against anything. His fins also seem a little torn. :help2::sad:

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

dsc01081 (2).jpg DSC01081.JPG DSC01085.JPG

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Looks like Brooklynella to me..

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
I just googled Brooklynella and it does seem to fit the conditions. So now my next question is what works best to help cure this. Here are my params on a 30 gallon
ph-8.2
ammo-0ppm
nitrite-0ppm
nitrate- 20ppm
temp-78
sg-.021
Also i do not have qt tank and I have a peppermint shrimp & blue hermit inthe tank with my clown.

Last edited:

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Here is what Wet Web Media says to do for treatment.. But you are going to need a QT tank from my understanding. I've never had that disease in my system. The desired product to use is a Formaldehyde based product called Formalin. Which is detrimental to inverts LR and pretty much anything else in a FOWLR or Reef system.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/brooklynellosisart.htm

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Okay thanx for the link clownlover. one last question. Do you or anyone else think that this (the brooklynella) will stay in my tank if I take out the clown and qt him. Can I qt him in a bucket for now? I'm so new to saltwater and not sure whats right and whats wrong. The thing is I'm on my way to a sweet 16 party and have no time tonight. what to do :( think a uv light will help?

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
just got home and my clown is still swimming round okay but he doesn't look to good in my eyes. gunna get qt tank tomorrow. will try the formalin bath hope it works. i tried the freshwater bath but he didn't like it and i didn't either. did i do something wrong. i feel so guilty. can this be caused by stress? or did i get him like this. don't know. can i fill the qt tank with water from my display when i do water change or start the qt with new saltwater? what do i do? HELP!!!PLEASE!!

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Grins where are ya...my clown needs help and i'm not sure what to do...:(

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
If I read this right http://fishvet.com/Brooklynella.htm the first thing it said to do was a freshwater bath for 15mins. I tried it and didn't like how the clown acted so took him out preaty quickly. if i had to guess i would say he was in the bath for 2-3mins. he didn't like it and i didn't either. though some of the slime did come off of him. its def like a slime coat on him. feel like i'm talking to my self. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store