? what to put in a aquapod 12g 70w HQI

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bluegrizzlies1

AC Members
Oct 7, 2007
utah
? what to put in a aquapod 12g 70w HQI

Just got my tank aquapod 12gal 70w HQI going and looking ahead a bit to see what is good to put in it.

I do not want fast growing things I want slow growing so I do not have to cut away at things.

Want to know what sps, lps and softies would be reccommended.

Clam or no clam if so which kind?

I will put a clown but what is the best for this size of tank?

Might go with a golby also which kind is good to go with?

Would I be able to add a tailspot blenny too.

Im looking at a varity of things but I do not want to overcrowd and want the corals to all get along.

I have never tried the reef thing had sw fish though just looking at all my options thanks.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'd create a zoanthid or ricordia garden with it and stock it with shrimp, perhaps a small goby or blenny like you mentioned. The tailspot would likey nip at soft corals or the clam you mentioned. I'd stick with a false perc for the clown.

I'd not personally plan for SPS or clams in a nano until I had several months if not longer experience and had been able to keep water parameters stable and were prepared to upgrade any equipment for the clam as an example. LPS might be a possibility and some can deal with moderate light. I'd stay clear of those with longer sweepers and look at sun corals, trumpet corals, etc.

bluegrizzlies1

AC Members
Oct 7, 2007
utah
grins thanks for the advice as always.

You are thinking a small clown and a golby any particular golby I keep hearing yellow or clown. Anything else worth looking into.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm thinking a blenny or a goby. Both have tons of personality and there are several nano sized options in both. In fact, you'd be shocked how many gobies there are.

See if your LFS has a copy of Scott Michael's Reef Aquarium Fishes (the one with the blue cover) around for customer use. Chances are the employees are often grabbing the book and looking at it themselves for a reference. Flip through it and see what catches your eye. I ended up buying my own copy and it became well worn in a short amount of time. (I bought mine from a bookstore as it was less there than the LFS, I think $14-19 range)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store