I MALE AND I FEMALE BETTA ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Would they be able to stay permanently together in a well planted 125 gal ?
Or would the male continue with a mission to kill her ?:feedback:

STB_0003.JPG

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
While I am unsure of the min. tank size needed for bettas to be in a co-ed tank, I feel that you'd be good to go in a 100+. I'd go for it.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i think that would be fine. Adding 3-4 more females would be even better - that way if the male does get the idea into to head that he wants to breed or fight, any aggression that does result will be spread out to a very manageable level, rather than put on one single female.

MaryPa

AC Members
Oct 21, 2003
York Co.Pennsylvania
Visit site
I kept a pair in a 55 gal "planted " and raise their juvis until they were old enought to sell. Dad and Mom never bothered anyone but the kids started to get a bit unruly not long before they were sold at 6 months old.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for the help .It's just that I've had these fish for quite a while and thought that now that the 125 is planted it might be ok for them with the other community fish. I put the female in today and it looks like there is plenty of room for both.
I guess I might keep my eyes open for a couple more females.

STC_0004.JPG

Carla G

AC Members
Nov 17, 2007
NSW Australia
I had betta's in a 27 gallon tank. I think there were about 4 females to one male, it was just enough to give the ladies a bit of a break. Lots of plants help too. With 125 gallons, why not get half a dozen females? Then it would be the randy male getting worn out.

FishFanatic13

I LOVE FISH!!!
Aug 25, 2007
ny
my girl had a male and female betta togeather, it was the female that killed the male, bit all his fins off

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
I seperated them tonight , the male fins were being chewed.:iagree:

TxChic

Sep 9, 2007
Texas
I was going to say that the female is the one to worry about with the aggression but I see you and someone else have already had that experience. I was told to find a "brother/sister" pair or a pair that have already mated if you want to put them together otherwise the female will kill the male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store