Feeding Damsel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
So in my tank I have a spotted puffer (1.5inches, non agressive), a mono argentus (1.5in tall, non agressive), and my newly bought yellow-tailed damsel. So, for my other fish, I feed them frozen blood worms, 1/3 of a cube, and also in the evening, I throw in some tropical flakes. The damsel took some of the worms in the moth but spit it out several times, and never swallowed it. Also, he doesn't really come to get flakes. Here and there he may eat a small one but the large ones that float right by him he totally avoids. What should I do?

Thanks

tullsterx

AC Members
Apr 21, 2006
So in my tank I have a spotted puffer (1.5inches, non agressive), a mono argentus (1.5in tall, non agressive), and my newly bought yellow-tailed damsel. So, for my other fish, I feed them frozen blood worms, 1/3 of a cube, and also in the evening, I throw in some tropical flakes. The damsel took some of the worms in the moth but spit it out several times, and never swallowed it. Also, he doesn't really come to get flakes. Here and there he may eat a small one but the large ones that float right by him he totally avoids. What should I do?

Thanks
Well, I think you should try a wider variety of stuff. I like to mix it up and feed a variety of different foods. Damsels will usually go after all kinds of stuff but I don't think I've ever fed blood worms. Try some quality frozen brine shrimp and maybe some smaller pellets.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
alright thanks. Anybody else have some info on this?

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Damsels for the most part will nip at any foods you can put in your tanks, I seen this through the years while I keep a good number in large tanks with lots of LR with eels and damsels eat at anything they can get, they even nip at the squid I fed moray eels. So a wider variety of foods for this fish will do just great<>

Germanman

My fish are my babies
personally i believe that Mysis shrimp make one of the best staple foods for saltwater. but an enriched brine of some sort should do the trick as well. Mysis just happens to be a bit more "nutritious" and meatier. A very nice frozen food brand is Hikari. i feed Bloodworms to my salt tank as well though and the dragonetts seem to enjoy is a lot but all my other fish eat is as well. sometimes fish can be picky it may just take time or hunger to set in. but as all the others said a varied diet is always best.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
what is it with you and bashing my thread beelzebob? I ask and everyone answers well until you. I know a high brackish isn't the best for it but I am slowly upping the salt...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store