15 Pound Orange Land Pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
Went to feed my pleco the other day, found the container of pleco discs EMPTY and clean.
Apparently it was consumed by the rare orange land pleco, often confused with a common feline:

george.jpg

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ah, yes, land plecos.

i actually have two black land plecos, and a white/tabby one. occasionally they will let me pet them in exchange for shrimp pellets.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
I have another rare land variety, its called the four legged brindle Staffordshire Damsel.
It constantly eats marine food. By the large, expensive jars, lol:/

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I have a different species of land catfish, know as shetland sheepdogii, as well as a couple of common land plecos, temperamental catis, who occasionally take algae wafers and eat the junk that accumulates on the substrate, although my sheepdogii seems to enjoy shed fur the most.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
The pleco discs were only $5, but I did bring them back from England with me...
in reality, no matter how expensive, its still kinda maddening! my male dog, actually likes to hang around, on tank cleaning to, he catches the jumper. He saved a bala that way, he caught it, I hadn't realized that it jumped, and I saw him playing with it. It lived for a few more years after that! then jumped , and the dog wasn't around:( . He also killed a frog that way to though, lol, he was a little rougher with it!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
That plecos eyes look evil. It has that "yeah I ate 'em... SO" look.

Q

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
This is so funny because I have the rare Cocker spaniel pleco that licks up all the dropped flake food off the carpet and tries to get into the algae wafers!!:grinyes: Doesn't matter what flavor...it's all good!!!:grinyes:

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Haha Atleast you dont have to clean it up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store