Feeding Clown fish and Naso Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
Hi all,
I am new in SW things and i have few issues with my 2 fishes. I start my SW 3 months ago, and I have in my 30g a Clown, Blue Tang, Coral Banded Shrimp and recently 1 week i add an Naso Tang about 2in. Yhe Clown is eating just veryyyy small pieces of chicken meat, nothing else. I dont know what should i do to feed him. The Blue Tang is eating everything. My Naso eat all the grass from s stone recently added with some ZOAss, the zoas are alright it didn't eat them only grass. Now there is no more grass in my tank and Naso doesn't eat only few shrimps one or two max. What should i do.
Thanks in advance for you're answer.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Oh my, first things first...your tank is entirely too small for what you have in it. The blue tang needs a 100g and the Naso Tang needs 180g. These are minimum sizes.

Secondly, unless chickens now swim in the ocean I'd stick to marine foods. You can use flakes, pellets, granules, frozen or even a homemade version from fresh seafood. Many use a variety of foods keeping in mind the fish's nutritional needs. Your naso for instance needs to eat mostly vegetation and you can provide that with either nori sheets that you clip onto the tank and replace daily or by vegetable mixes of the above mentioned types of food. The clown is an omnivore and will want both vegetative and meaty foods in it's diet.

Get them on the right diet and get at least the two of them into a bigger tank.

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
Grins,
Thanks a lot.
Yeah, is right 'chickens now swim in the ocean'. I tried with my clown all of you had mention and it doesn't care, only chicken meat in small small pieces. I didn't try 'nori sheets' with Naso, but i'll try it tonight. I have some, i've got them for clown but ...nothing happened nor for Blue Tang.
I didn't know that for Blue and Naso Tank i need so big tanks. I understand that when they grow. Good to know. They do well so far in this. The problem is food for clown and a little bit for Naso, but i'll try these 'nori sheets'.
Thanks again Grins!!!

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
I ave no idea what was eating. I bought in the same time with it a tube with granules special for SW fishes and i asked the lady if this is good and she said yes but you need some shrimps and I got shrimps also, but it doesn't care about. I tried now nori sheets and MR.Naso got only few pieces, also Blue tang got a few but Mr Nemo got some and released them immediately.
Smart thinking (girls always smart), next time 'll do the same as you do to be sure it's eating.
Thanks again!!!

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
I'll do that tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store